Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Our alternative guest book

We wanted to do something fun for our guest book. I found so many great ideas on the internet. My favorite one was fingerprint guest book. Here are some great options that I found: 
These ones are from the "Bleu de Toi" shop on Etsy.com
This one is also from Etsy shop - Silhouette weddings
We liked the idea a lot and all these designs were great. However, we wanted to make it very personal. My husband and I met in Boston and had been planning our wedding there and we wanted to have this "Boston theme" to be incorporated in our guest book; so, I contacted my ex-roommate (she is an art and design major and definitely was the right person to go to) to help me with this project that I had in mind.

After brainstorming we came up with this:
We did Boston skyline (with main landmarks of the city); as our wedding was in Boston harbor we also included the actual Boat that we had our wedding on; and of course fireworks were suppose to be actual fingerprint signatures that our guests would leave for us :) I absolutely love how this turned out.

Here is what we have now:
If you like this idea, you can write me and I would love to put you in contact with the person who helped me  with this project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment