Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Seagrove

This past weekend I got lucky to join three wonderful ladies to go pottery shopping in Seagrove, NC. I've never done anything like that before and was very excited. My husband and I recently took pottery classes at NC State (Introduction to the wheel); I must say it is much harder than it looks :)

Back to the trip: we left early in the morning and it was pouring...by the time we got to Seagrove area the rain has stopped and the sky has cleared and we got nice sunny fall day.  We went to see a bunch of very nice shops, saw a lot of great things as well as purchased some :)

I learned about very interesting techniques (Alligator skin; horse hair; crystal; etc.) Knowing how these artists make their pots really makes you appreciate it! I took so many great pictures, here are some of them:

Label:
Nature Pot
This Vase was made by a bug






We saw a lot of puppies; all were very cute and friendly:




Here are some more pictures from the trip:


Purple Shamrock 
 




 













1 comment: