Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving appetizers

I made little mozzarella/tomato/basil snacks on a toothpick. Here is the recipe I used - Tomato and mozzarella bites. Instead of balsamic vinegar/ olive oil as mentioned in this recipe you can also use any of the Italian dressings. I served these little bites on the platter with blackberries.

I don't have name or any particular recipe for this next appetizer: I took thin crackers (you can use any brand, I used Carr's). In this order I layered: whole slice of boiled egg on the bottom, then half a slice of cucumber and half a slice of radish. Then I squeezed a little bit of mayo by the flat edge of the radish slice so the mayo ended up in the center of the cracker. Then I used some tiny pepperoni slices on the top of the mayonnaise (I was able to fit three slices) and finished up with some fresh parsley.

I made two types of Russian salads and served them in the bite size cracker shells:  
- Winter Salad (Zimniy salat) (on the left) 
- Vinaigrette (Vinegret); made with beets  (on the right)

We also had some fresh peppers and salary
sticks with Sour cream, herbs and raisin dip.
Caviar Bites
For the drinks I made strawberry lemonade with mint leaves for kids and for grown-ups I made orange cranberry sangria with cinnamon sticks. My husband made a wonderful turkey. He used very simple classic recipe that calls for salt, pepper and oil. He also made an amazing gravy that was a big hit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment