Friday, December 30, 2011

Peppermint popcorn

This season I've tried to make some peppermint popcorn. The first batch turned out to be such a success that I kept making it throughout the entire holidays season.
I didn't follow any specific recipe but rather measured everything by eye. I used a popcorn air popper to pop some fresh yummy popcorn (used 1/2 cup of kernels). Then I got a big bowl and transferred whole pieces of popcorn there, getting rid of leftover kernels. Then I took one candy cane and mashed it into a powder using mortar and pestle (you can also use processor).
Now the almond bark, I had a difficulty finding it in the grocery stores and eventually ended up getting it at Walmart. I used three pieces of the almond bark (melting directions are on the back of the package; 90 seconds was enough to melt three pieces). Use baking spatula to stir melted bark to melt any non-melted pieces until its all smooth.
Next step is simply to pour melted almond bark over your popcorn, add peppermint, pinch of salt and, if you want a little bit of color, sprinkles. Gently mix popcorn until its all covered evenly. Transfer popcorn into a tray and let it cool for about 15-20 minutes. After it cooled down and almond bark hardened it is ready to eat!
So simple to make and so tasty to snack on :) ENJOY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment